Five famous denial for Trademark Registration
It is no hidden truth that all names, logo, symbol that are filed for Trademark Registration get their registration. Many esteemed companies or big companies have filed and have faced the rejection. The following are some famous denial of trademark registration –
- The esteemed and re-owned company once filed a smiley face design for Trademark Registration in which the Court, however, ruled that the smiley face is a public domain and cannot be trademarked.
- 2. Twitter
- This micro blogging service has billions worth but it still failed to claim ownership over the word “Tweet”.
- 3.Harley Davidson
- Harley Davidson was lucky to have the charm in the market but not that lucky to trademark its high roar revving engine sound. The company was the first company to try its own sound and make that unique sound to be trademarked.
- Yes, you heard me a right apple to get the rejection once. Wondering what! Apple has gone for trademark registration of the word “App Store”. The war started between Apple and Amazon for the word and later the word get its approval but with the status “Approved for Now”
- 5. McDonald
- The food outlet called the McDonald has once filed the word”Mc” to get the trademark registration but unfortunately, it lost its battle.
Browse our other service visit
Nidhi Company registration
sole proprietorship registration