Chelmno

 

Established in 1941 and opened for operation in 1942, the Chelmno Death Camp is infamous for its carbon monoxide poisoning from transporting victims by van. With the exhaust from the running van piped into the back where victims where stuffed into it was a mobile killing unit that drove straight to the pits. Dismembered in 1945 the remaining labor force of Jews fought back and a handful escaped. 

ITEMS